Monday, July 19, 2010

West Water

This last weekend we went down West Water. We went with Aaron again and a lot of other people. My dad, Tanner, Mike, and I went. We all had so much fun. Mike has done this stretch of river before, but it was the first time for the rest of us. West Water is just a one day trip. We went down Friday night and camped at the put in and got up early and went down the river. We got off around 4:00 pm. It is right down near Moab. This stretch of river is awesome because all of the big rapids are pretty much right together. You have a while of pretty chill water and then a good hour of just rapid after rapid. It was such a blast.
Mike and my dad in the ducky.
Mike and I in a cave. This cave is about half way down the river. I guess some robbers that robbed a bank in Green River hid out here back in the 60's. It is way cool cause a lot of their stuff is still in there. There are two beds set up and a table with lots of stuff on it and a fire place.
Mike and my dad coming out of a big hole in Skull Rapid.
One of the other boats, about to go into a big hole while hitting a wall.
Tanner jumped out of the boat and decided to swim a small rapid. He had so much fun.
Mike and my dad coming out of a rapid.

0 comments: